Five science news stories to enlighten your weekend. Have a fabulous Friday!
- Life finds a way. This means even more planets may be capable of supporting life. https://www.sciencenews.org/article/planets-hydrogen-rich-atmosphere-alien-life
- Ever played around with corn starch and water? Scientists have found a way to foil its non-Newtonian properties. https://www.sciencenews.org/article/oobleck-cornstarch-water-running-physics
- One of the scientists I worked with on Into the Deep is author on a paper that released in March. Their research shows that many marine species are on the move as a result of climate change. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200326124155.htm
- A really interesting article from The Atlantic about rewilding and learning to live alongside nature: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/04/what-wildlife-really-looks-like/609721/
- Scientists find a black hole in our neighborhood: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/05/closest-known-black-hole/611188/